Welcome to Reception, where your child will start to build on the learning foundations they secured in Nursery.
Here in Reception, our aim is to provide children with a range of meaningful experiences in a secure and stimulating environment.
The Early Years is a little different to that of Key Stage 1 and 2. Our learning is based around the revised Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum encouraging children's independent learning.
All children begin Reception with different starting points and develop at different rates. By considering your child's needs, interests and stages of development, we aim to offer challenging and enjoyable experiences across the EYFS curriculum through topics.
Our learning is based around the revised Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum encouraging children's independent learning. The revised Early Years Foundation Stage is based on three prime and four specific areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
- Communication and Language (C&L)
- Physical Development (PD)
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Art and Design
It will be a pleasure for both yourselves, and for us to watch your child develop into independent learners as they spend more time with us. We can't wait to share both their school, and their home experiences with you throughout the year.
Find out what we are learning in Reception:
- Curriculum Overview - 2016/17
- Literacy Overview - 2016/17
- Maths Overview - 2016/17
- PE Overview - 2016/17
- Assemblies and Collective Worship - 2016/17
Our latest Newsletter:
- Reception Newsletter - Autumn 2020
- Guide to the EYFS at Colmers Farm
- Guide to the EYFS Framework
- Guide to Phonics in Early Years
- EYFS Welcome Presentation
Welcome to our class.
We enjoy listening to and joining in with stories.
We love to learn outside.
The rain doesn't stop us.
One of our quiet areas where we read and learn.